If it smells of oil or Petrol ...its in the shed.



Monday 7 November 2011

The Motor Repair Manual.

These days when we are working on our " Modern " vehicles we may refere to a Manual with photographs,But in the old days before the extensive use of photography mechanics and enthusists would use a Motor Repair Manual similar to this one. Inside its covers are  wonderfull line ilustrations, showing how to Adjust the tappets or what type of tools to keep in your shed or workshop. I am not sure what date this book is from, post war I think? But I still enjoy looking at the drawings from time to time just to remind me of the diference between a Crown wheel and a Bifurcated Rivet.

1 comment:

Dorothy Explora said...

...amazing how its evolved! :)

btw, i am at http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com if you want to check me out! and follow me if you like what you see.

enchante,
dorothy