If it smells of oil or Petrol ...its in the shed.



Sunday 5 May 2013

Ticket to Ride

Last month I had a phone call from the Vintage Motorcycle Club to inform me that I was first reserve
for the 2013 Banbury Run, with 600 entrants the event is always over subscribed and thought I was
fortunate to be on the reserve list.
Ten minutes later I had another call to say someone had dropped out and that I was now officially in this years event, well done the VMCC for asking for Mobile phone numbers and having a reserve list.
And so this Bank Holiday Sunday I thought it only right to give the old girl more than just a rub down with an oily rag. First job was to check the air in the tyres, check and clean spark plug and points, and then grease all the moving parts of the girder forks. After this ' essential maintenance work was carried out it was on with the Helmet, Jacket and gloves
and a  a very pleasant ride around some of my favourite local  Country lanes, this particular
photo opportunity was taken in ' Shaker Lane' not far from my home.

No comments: