If it smells of oil or Petrol ...its in the shed.



Saturday 18 December 2010

The Abandoned Petrol Station ( that wasn't )


I pulled onto   the Garage forecourt aboard  my old Triumph motor cycle and just   started to take  off my helmet when a chap in overalls appeared and asked me if  I  needed any help, I was wondering if I could take a few photos for my Blog I asked him ,   I just find old abandoned Petrol stations and Garages interesting  " Oh this isn't closed or abandoned  "  and just then a customer pulled in  and he started filling the car up with fuel . The proprietor had run this station for most of his working life , but  with cheap Supermarket fuel , and increasing legislation only recently had he thought about winding the business down , which is a great shame because these small independent Garages were once the mainstay of rural village life just like the Post Office or the Village Pub.Posted by Picasa 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kendo

I work for a film company who are currently scouting locations similar to the one you have posted here.

From the looks of your blog you might know where we can find some good garages to film at!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, you can reply here and I will receive a reply.

Regards

Ollie

Unknown said...

Hi Ollie,
I just saw your comment with reference to the old petrol station picture taken by Kendo.
Did you ever find out where the petrol station is located?
I have a great interest in the nostalgia of these old petrol stations and I have a few old pumps myself.
Any information would be appreciated,
Thank you,
Daryl.

Unknown said...

Hi Kendo,
I saw the great photo of yours of this wonderful old petrol station in Warwickshire.
I would be so grateful if you could let me know which village that the photo was taken.
I would love to go and see if is still there.
Thank you,
Daryl.